1. Watch a 30 Rock episode or something that always makes you laugh. TV is wonderfully distracting.
2. Have a glass of wine. Or two. Unless you’re driving.
3. Think, Why should this person make me feel nervous? Anyway, the right person will make you feel relaxed.
4. Say an affirmation. Stuart Smalley always said, “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.” Say something like that, e.g. “I am beautiful, I am worthy of love…” I swear if you say an affirmation enough times, it will go to your head.
5. Wear high heels, a perfume you love, or whatever helps you stand tall and feel awesome.
Read more at Glamour.com